Dominique Sutton is a multi disciplined artist and graduate of John Moores University UK, ( 1995) and San Francisco Art Institute (1996).
Dominique works across multiple disciplines, her main practice being site-specific sculpture and installation. Her major commissions include three figurative sculptures for AMP Tower as part of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, The Australian Railway Memorial in Werris Creek, and a signature piece for the Taiwanese Government Cultural Centre, Taiwan. Her installation work entitled Melt was the major prize winner at artsCape Biennial 2010.
Dominique has exhibited nationally and internationally. She has had several solo shows in Sydney and London and her work is held in national and international Private and Public collections.
Dominique has extensive teaching experience and lectures for universities, galleries, and arts organisations across the country including:
- The National Art school, Sydney, Australia
- Southern Cross University, Queensland, Australia
She was director of ArtWorkshops Australia where she has lead two artist expeditions to Africa with Elisabeth Cummings and to the South of France with Wendy Sharpe.
She currently runs Atelier by Dominique Sutton, studio-based mentoring classes and workshops for artists.
- 1970 Born in Sydney, Australia
- 1989-90 Foundation Diploma Farnham Art College, Surrey, UK 1991-93
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, John Moore’s University, Liverpool, UK 1992
- Exchange at San Francisco Art Institute
- 1995 Moved back to Australia
- 1996-97 Worked at Crawford Fine Art Foundry
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- 2012 Hidden seas, Olsen Gallery, Sydney
- 2001 Scenes from the Bedroom, Grafton Regional Gallery
- 2000 La Vie, PCL Gallery, Sydney
- 2000 Still Life, Paradise Two Gallery, London UK
- 1995 Sculpture at Depot, Depot Gallery, London UK
- 1993 Recent Paintings and Drawings, Diego Rivera Gallery, San Francisco
SELECTED GROUP SHOWS
- 2011 Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi
- 2011 Sculpture by the Sea, Denmark
- 2010 Woollahra Small Sculpture Show, Sydney
- 2010 Winner – Artscape Sculpture by the Sea, Byron Bay
- 2004 Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi
- 2003 The Sculpture Show, Danks St Depot, Sydney
- 2003 Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi
- 2002 Creative Madness, Danks St Depot, Sydney
- 2002 Pairs, Dank St Depot, Sydney
- 2000 Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi
- 2000 Hung Drawn and Painted, PCL Gallery, Sydney
- 1994 Fresh Art, Islington Design Centre, UK
- 1992 Exhibitionism, Installation works at 800 Chestnut St, San Francisco
- 2015 “Taiji” 8 Meter sculpture for Taiwanese Government, Taiwan
- 2011 “FLOW” two 3 metre sculptures for the Galaxy Casino, Macau
- 2009 Finalist for the Randwick City Council Public Sculpture Commission 2008 Finalist for the Snowy River Gateway Project
- 2004 The Australian Railway Memorial, Werris Creek
- 2003 Finalist for Leura public sculpture, Blue Mountains
- 2002 HSBC Sydney, “Walking in Time” two steel figures
- 2001 Finalist for Taree public sculpture
- 2000 Neutrometics, life-size bronze torso
- 2000 AMP Tower Olympic Sculptures, three 16 metre steel sculptures,
- Sydney 1999 ‘Death of a Faun’, bronze – New York Theatre Co, New York City PRIVATE
Held in Australian and international collections.